Posts Tagged ‘engand’

Scanning of all English counties complete: 15.1m images

Saturday, February 28th, 2009

Just to let you know that we have now scanned all English counties and have started on Wales. We anticipate that the East and North Ridings of Yorkshire, and Durham will be available by the end of March. Happy St David’s day!

UPDATE: 3/3/09 To the end of February, we have scanned 15.1million images, 93% of total. This leaves 1million (or 7%) to go. We should finish scanning at Kew In April. Compare the number of images to the 1901 census at 1.5 million images - it is over 10 times larger!