As you know, findmypast.com users can use their credits on 1911census.co.uk and vice versa, using the same email and password to login to both sites.
This is lovely unless you have forgotten your findmypast.com password!
This can be a problem for users who have previously registered on findmypast.com - they will get a message on 1911census.co.uk saying that their email address is already registered but they cannot request a password change or reminder directly from there.
Here’s what we recommend you do if you have and are therefore having problems logging in to 1911census.co.uk.
- Go to the password reset page on findmypast.com: https://www.findmypast.com/forgottenPassword.action
- Enter the email address that you having problems signing in to 1911census.co.uk with
- Wait for the email from findmypast.com with your password in it (it should arrive almost immediately, check your spam folders if you cannot see it within a minute)
- (Optional) If you want to change your password, sign in to findmypast.com, go to “my account” and change your password, then sign out of findmypast.com fully.
- Make sure you are signed out of findmypast.com for 3 minutes (grab a cup of tea) before you try to sign in to 1911census.co.uk
- Sign in to 1911census.co.uk using your new password